I have a blog post for you that resembles Spanish tapas more than anything else. What we have here is a wide for variety of delicious news snippets since I know we’ve left you a little hungry for updates as of late. It’s probably not everything you want to hear but at least it’s to tell you that we are alive and heavily working on Vladyn’s update . Hey, that’s part of the reason there’s were no updates really.
1. New Website!
First bit of tasty news, we have a new website! We’ve far out grown our old endlessfluff.com site, especially since we haven’t even updated anything on there at all. Now the game homepages and blog will be in one place. It hasn’t interrupted Vladyn’s update at all, because…
2. Here Comes a New Challenger!
There’s fresh blood on the battlefield. We’ve needed a bit of a helping hand getting things done around here, so we acquired a freelancer! He’s working along side us to help us with production tasks, webdev, and anything we really need. He’s a long time friend, and we’ve worked with him at other companies. His name is Khoeun, AKA Fish, AKA KTEP, AKA Clam Shucker, AKA Crab Crusher. He’s the reason we were able to update the site without interrupting Valdis Story’s full time production.
3. Enemy Concepts Continued
In the last blog post I shared the design process on new enemy development. We’ve made a lot of progress since then. Scroll below to see what the in game sprites look like for the enemy in the last blog post and a look at a whole new one. Some of you pointed out how it’s very different from the other enemies in the game and you’re right. The zone that’s coming out in the next update doesnt have Angels, Demons or Ferals. It will have a new enemy type.
4. Updates on Vladyn
We don’t have a date for Vladyn’s update but there’s a lot of new stuff coming along with him. We’re getting pretty close. It’s been longer than expected so apologies about that. Here’s some Vladyn screenshots.
5. New Tune
Zack recently finished up Vladyn’s new theme. Give it a listen-
6. Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the Mac build coming out? The Mac build will be bundled with Valdyn’s update. Note: This will be the first time we develop anything for Mac so we don’t expect things to go smoothly. Bare with us and thanks for being extremely patient on this front!
- Will you port to Playstation, Xbox, Vita, ect.? Should we be able to port, any and all ports will have to wait until all content is complete. That means Gilda and Vladyn versions. To be honest, even though we love the idea, we’re hitting game dev fatigue with Valdis Story so we really appreciate the inquiries but it also depends on the economic feasibility and ease to produce said port.
- Translation? Again this is much easier when all content is complete( Gilda and Vladyn Patches). Implementing different languages is a tedious task. Having a third person on hand in the studio does make this easier.
- Can I make a let’s play video of Valdis Story and put ads on it? YES. One million times, YES.
- So, like, when will the Vladyn update happen ? Sooooooooooon but no date, sorry! Keep a look out on here for that kind of info! Remember, this isn’t dlc. It will just be updated with the game you already own.
That’s all for now. At some point I’d like to get us back to updating weekly but we’ve been concentrating on finishing the game.
ps: this blog post was brought you by my love for the food in Dragon’s Crown.